Years of Stay at HYI:
Sep 1996 to Dec 1997
Current Research Projects and Interests: China in World Order; China's relations with Europe
Books in Chinese:
- Chen Zhimin & et al, China, United States and Europe: Cooperation and Competition in a new Trilateral Relationship (Shanghai, Shanghai People’s Press, 2011)
- Chen Zhimin, Xiao and Zhao, Contemporary Diplomacy (Beijing: Beijing University Press, 2008)
- Chen Zhimin and Gustaaf Geeraerts, Foreign Policy Integration In European Union: A mission impossible? (Beijing: Shishi Publishing House, in December 2003),
- Chen Zhimin, Subnational Governments and Foreign Affairs (Beijing: Zhongguo Changzheng Chubanshe, 2001)
Edited Volumes in English:
- Co-editor, China's Reforms and International Political Economy ( London: Routledge, April, 2007), with David Zweig. ISBN-10: 0415396131
- Co-editor, China’s Evolving Diplomacy, Special issue, Hague Journal of Diplomacy, No.5, 2010
Selected Articles in English
- Chen Zhimin, “Assessing China’s Power from a Chinese Perspective: Back to the Center Stage“, in Jae Ho Chun (ed.), Assessing China’s Power (Palgrave, 2015)
- Chen Zhimin,“Europe as a Global Player: A View from China”, Perspectives: Review of International Affairs, Vol. 20, No. 2, 2012 pp.7-29.
- Chen Zhimin & Song Lilei, “The Conceptual Gap on Soft Power between China and Europe and Its Impacts on Bilateral Relations”, in Zhongqi Pan(ed.) Conceptual Gaps in China-EU Relations (Palgrave, 2012), pp.50-64.
- Chen Zhimin, “Embracing the Complexities in China-ROK Relations: A View from China”, Asian Perspective, vol. 36, no. 2 , Apr-Jun 2012, pp.195-218. (SSCI)
- Chen Zhimin & Pan Zhongqi, “China in its Neighborhood: A ‘Middle Kingdom’ not Necessarily at the Centre of Power”, International Spectator, No. 4, 2011, pp.79-96.
- Chen Zhimin, “US Diplomacy and Diplomats: A Chinese view”, Hague Journal of Diplomacy, No.3-4, 2011,pp. 277-297. Also in Paul Sharp & Geoffrey Wiseman(eds.), American Diplomacy, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012, pp.43-64.
- Bo Yan & Chen Zhimin, “EU’s Weakening Leadership in Climate Change Governance”, in China International Studies, No. 26, January/February, 2011, pp.99-117.
- Chen Zhimin, Jian Junbo and Chen Diyu, “The Provinces and China’s Multi-Layered Diplomacy: The Cases of GMS and Africa”, Hague Journal of Diplomacy, No.5, 2010, pp.331-356.
- Chen Zhimin, “Coastal provinces and China’s foreign policy making”, in Yufan Hao & lin Su (eds.), China’s Foreign Policy Making: Societal Force and Chinese American Policy ( Aldershot,UK: Ashgate Publishing Limited, 2005). pp. 187-208.
- Chen Zhimin, “NATO, APEC and ASEM: triadic interregionalism and global order”, Asia Europe Journal, No. 3, 2005, pp.361-378.
- Chen Zhimin, ‘Nationalism, Internationalism and Chinese Foreign Policy’, Journal of Contemporary China, 14(42), February 2005, 33–51.